A delicious dessert that will make you remember the taste of your childhood, cheese pie is a true indulgence for your taste buds. A popular dish in many cultures around the world, cheese pie has a light, creamy taste and a crispy layer of dough that will undoubtedly be loved by the entire family.
Below is a savory and easy-to-make cheese pie recipe that requires only a few ingredients.
- 6 thin pie sheets
- 100g Turmeric and basil-flavored butter
- 3 eggs
- 100g Thick sour cream
- 185g Cream cheese
- 50g Smoked cheese
- 200ml Milk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, mix 2 eggs, baking soda, cream cheese, and thick sour cream. Beat the mixture with a whisk until it becomes homogeneous.
- Add the grated smoked cheese to this mixture. Set the bowl aside.
- Work with each pie sheet separately.
- Take one sheet and put a part of the egg and sour cream and cream cheese mixture. Then add cubes of turmeric and basil-flavored butter at intervals.
- Roll the pie sheet on its width. You will have a tight roll that you will place in a 20cm diameter detachable cake pan. Continue with the rest of the sheets, arranging them in such a way as to form a spiral.
- Mix the milk with the remaining egg, salt, and pepper. Pour this liquid over the pie in the pan and prick it in places with a fork so that the pie can absorb as much liquid as possible during baking.
- Bake the pie at 180°C for about 40 minutes.
Serve the cheese pie warm, alongside a glass of milk.
This recipe was created by Alina Muntele, who chose our 100% natural dairy products. Happy to see how our ingredients are transformed into a dish made with skill and respect for the ingredients and taste, we thank her for this recipe, which we share with you.