Indulge in this recipe for a savory spinach and feta cake, a perfect combination of sweet and salty flavors. The moist and fluffy texture of the cake blends wonderfully with the fresh spinach and salty feta cheese. Each slice is a delight for your senses, with a perfect balance of flavors and a satisfying taste.
- 150g baby spinach
- 100g crumbled feta cheese
- 40g sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 250g flour
- 1 packet baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 160g Sana from Lăptăria cu Caimac
- 50ml oil
- 3 eggs
- Wash the baby spinach leaves, dry them well, and chop them finely in a chopper. They should not turn into a paste, just be finely chopped.
- Crumble the feta cheese and finely chop the drained sun-dried tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and garlic powder. In another large bowl, beat the eggs, then whisk in Sana from Lăptăria cu Caimac and oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and gently incorporate them with a spoon. Add the chopped spinach and mix it in. Then add the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and most of the crumbled feta cheese, reserving a little for sprinkling on top of the cake. Mix well to distribute them evenly in the batter.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf tin (23x10cm) lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle the remaining crumbled feta cheese on top.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 180°C (350°F) for 50-55 minutes, until it is golden on top and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven, let it cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
It is delicious when served cold, perfect for breakfast or as a snack, alongside a cup of Sana from Lăptăria cu Caimac.
Depending on your preferences, you can replace the feta cheese with any other variety.
This recipe was created by Alina Muntele, who used our 100% natural dairy products for the preparation of this delicious appetiser. We were excited to see how our products turned into dishes made with skill and respect for ingredients and taste! We would like to thank her for choosing us for this recipe and we are pleased to share it with you.